Consumer privacy statement
Technological developments make other demands on the protection of personal data and privacy. CONO Kaasmakers is aware of this and ensures that privacy is safeguarded, among other things by taking measures in the areas of information security, data minimization and transparency.
Within CONO Kaasmakers we work with personal data of consumers, livestock farmers (members and suppliers) and personnel. Personal data are data that provide characteristic information about a person, such as name, address, e-mail address or telephone number. Data collection of personal data about consumers may be important for handling questions, comments or complaints. The data collected are also used only for that purpose. CONO Kaasmakers handles your personal data with care.
The following legal frameworks for the protection of personal data apply to the handling of personal data:
- General Data Protection Regulation (AVG);
- The General Data Protection Regulation Implementation Act;
Legislation provides general rules that CONO Cheese Makers must adhere to when processing personal data. These rules form the basis for the careful handling of personal data and as such are detailed in additional policies. The Personal Data Authority monitors compliance with the rules for the use of personal data.
CONO Kaasmakers takes care of the security of personal data and respects everyone's privacy. To ensure this, CONO Kaasmakers adheres to the following principles:
The principle of transparency entails an understanding of the extent to which and how personal data are processed. CONO Kaasmakers informs you in a simple, accessible and understandable way about the processing of your personal data.
Basis, purpose limitation, lawfulness and propriety
CONO Cheese Makers ensures that personal data are collected and processed only for predetermined, explicitly defined and legitimate purposes. In this case, that purpose is to handle a question, comment or complaint. Personal data are only processed with a legitimate basis.
Minimal data processing
CONO Kaasmakers strives for minimal data processing and therefore only processes personal data that are necessary for the purpose for which they are collected, such as handling and responding to questions, comments and complaints. If e-mail addresses are left to subscribe to a newsletter, they are added to an e-mail list where there is always an opt-out option.
Personal data will not be kept longer than necessary. Retention of personal data may be necessary to enable CONO Kaasmakers to perform its tasks, to comply with legal provisions or, for example, to handle complaints. Personal data for these tasks will not be kept longer than 6 months. An exception to this is the newsletter. If a person has indicated that they wish to receive newsletters, they will remain subscribed until they themselves request to be unsubscribed. With every newsletter there is an option to unsubscribe.
Integrity and confidentiality
CONO Kaasmakers treats personal data with care and treats it confidentially. For example, personal data are only used for the purpose for which they were collected. In addition, CONO Kaasmakers ensures appropriate security of personal data.
To achieve the purpose for which personal data are processed, the method of operation that least infringes on the privacy of the data subject is chosen.
The infringement on the interests of the data subject shall not be disproportionate in relation to the purpose to be served by the processing of personal data. The degree of invasion of privacy shall be limited as much as possible.
3. Register of Processing Activities.
CONO Kaasmakers has a transparent service provision and therefore maintains a Register of Processing Activities. This records:
- Who is responsible for data processing in which case;
- What the purpose of the data processing is;
- Who is involved in data processing and what personal data is processed;
- The possible disclosure of personal data to third parties;
- Retention and destruction periods;
When processing personal data, CONO Kaasmakers in some cases uses services from parties outside the organization. CONO Kaasmakers makes arrangements about this which are laid down in processing agreements with these parties. The external parties that process personal data are recorded in the Register of Processing Activities.
5. Rights of data subjects
Those whose personal data are processed have a number of rights that they can legally invoke. These rights are "applied/reviewed/executed" in relation to other legal frameworks. These are the following rights:
- Right of inspection: You have the right to ask CONO Kaasmakers whether your personal data are being processed and how your data are processed.
- Right of correction: If it becomes clear that personal data is incorrect, you can request CONO Kaasmakers to correct it.
- Right to erasure of data: In cases where, according to the bases of the AVG, you have given your consent to process data, or when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you have the right to have the personal data deleted.
- Right to restriction of processing: In cases where you believe the personal data is incorrect, CONO Kaasmakers will check its accuracy. As long as there is no clarity, the personal data will be processed as limited as possible.
- Right to transfer data: If the personal data provided by yourself are processed automatically at CONO Kaasmakers, you have the right to ask CONO Kaasmakers to transfer this data to you in a structured and common format.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. CONO Kaasmakers will comply with this unless there are legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh the objection.
To exercise these rights as a data subject, you must make a request. This request can be submitted to the Privacy Coordinator. Requests can be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org. Within four weeks of receipt, CONO Kaasmakers will assess whether the request is justified. Based on a request, CONO Kaasmakers may request additional information to be sure of the identity of the data subject.
6. Website and cookies
Cookies are also used to optimize the accessibility of the website. A cookie is a small text file that is temporarily placed on the hard disk by a web page server. A cookie is used to automatically select your preferred settings on our website during your next visit. Thus, a cookie helps you save time. A cookie cannot spread viruses.
If you make a request or notification via a contact form on one of the CONO Kaasmakers websites, the data necessary for the request will be processed. Data are then used exclusively for processing the request or notification.
This privacy statement is subject to change at any time, without prior warning. Changes take effect from the moment they are published on the website. We advise you to consult the privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
8. Changing cookies
You can change your cookie settings here
(privacy notice May 2018)