Lunch dish. 4 persons. Preparation 15 min. + 45 min. oven time
- 350 g green asparagus
- 6 slices Beemster Extra Belegen
- 10 g fresh chives
- 10 g fresh flat parsley
- 10 g fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 125 ml of whipped cream
- 1 roll of pie dough (chilled fresh)
- 300 g garden peas (frozen, thawed)
- quiche pan with loose bottom (Ø 28 cm, greased)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Remove the woody underside from the asparagus. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 1 min. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Cut the cheese slices into thin strips. Finely chop the fresh herbs. Scrub the lemon clean and grate the yellow rind. Cut the fruit in half and squeeze one half. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the whipping cream, chopped herbs, lemon zest, juice, pepper and salt.
- Line the quiche mold with the pie dough. Divide the garden peas and strips of cheese on top. Spread the egg mixture on top and divide the asparagus side by side over the pie. Bake the quiche in the center of the oven for about 45 min until golden brown and cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 min. Cut into pieces and serve.
Serve the quiche with a nice salad alongside and you have a full-fledged main course.
Fancy another summer lunch dish? Then take a look at our recipe page.