Drinks dish. 8 persons. Preparation 30 min. + 20 min. oven time
- 50 g butter
- 150 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 200 g Beemster Old
- 60 g student oats
- 150 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- Oven-safe casserole dish 24 cm diameter
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt over a bowl. Gather the needles from 1 sprig of rosemary and chop finely. Cut the cheese into about 1-inch pieces. Mix in the chopped rosemary, cheese and student oats.
- Beat the milk with the egg and maple syrup. Stir in the butter. Gently spatula through the dry mixture.
- Heat the oil in the skillet until well heated. Carefully spoon in the batter and place the sprig of rosemary.
- Bake the bread in the center of the oven for about 20 min until golden brown and done. The bread is done when you press in the center and it springs back slightly.
- Remove from pan and cool to room temperature on a rack for about 30 min.
You can also replace the Beemster Old with Beemster mature cheese.
Serving another snack with drinks? On our recipe page you will find plenty of inspiration.