Appetizer. 8 people. Prepare 30 min, wait 8 hours, 1 hour oven time.
- 1 kilogram of red beets (uncooked)
- 400 g fresh goat cheese natural 45+
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 150 g Beemster Extra Old 48+ slices
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 1 lemon, rinsed clean
- Aluminum foil
- Cling film
- 2 cake pans approx. 22 cm
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Peel the beets and wrap them in aluminum foil. Roast them in the oven for about 60 min until tender. Remove them from the foil and allow to cool briefly. Shave into thin slices.
- Crumble the goat cheese as small as possible. Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs. Line the cake pan with sturdy cling film.
- Place ¼ of the beet slices in the mold and spread ⅓ of the goat cheese and ⅓ of the thyme on top. Then make a layer of 2 slices of Beemster Extra Old. Make 2 more of the same layers like this. Finish with the beet slices.
- Fold the foil closed and put another cake pan in the mold. Put a couple of heavy tins in there. Let set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Heat a frying pan without oil or butter and roast the nuts. Let them cool on a plate and chop coarsely. Grate the yellow zest of the lemon and mix with the nuts.
- Cut the terrine into slices and sprinkle each slice with the nuts.
Looking for other recipe inspiration? Then quickly visit our recipe page.